The Kansas City chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America (KCDSA), in solidarity with the Kansas chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and other community members, is calling on Independence, MO councilman Dougherty to resign his position on the city council.
KCDSA opposes racism and bigotry in all its forms. Councilman Dougherty’s harmful words do not represent our community. We reject attempts to further divide and alienate members of our community, whether across racial, economic, religious, or gender differences. Councilman Dougherty can therefore no longer represent the interests of our community, and should resign his position.
KCDSA Executive Committee
 Theses On Feuerbach by Karl Marx
 A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy by Karl Marx
 Critique of the Gotha Programme by Karl Marx
 Socialism: Utopian and Scientific by Frederick Engels
 The Civil War in France by Karl Marx
 A Critique of the Draft Social-Democratic Program of 1891 by Frederick Engels
 Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I by Karl Marx
 Letter: The American Question in England by Karl Marx
 Letter: Engels to Filippo Turati In Milan by Frederick Engels
 Letter: Engels on Historical Materialism by Frederick Engels
 What Is To Be Done? by Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
 The Internet, Capitalism & Democracy by Robert McChesney
• Theses On Feuerbach 
• A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy  - Preface
• Critique of the Gotha Programme 
• Socialism: Utopian and Scientific  - Introduction, Part 1
• Socialism: Utopian and Scientific  - Part 2-3
• The Civil War in France 
• A Critique of the Draft Social-Democratic Program of 1891 
• Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I  - Chapter 1
• Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I  - Chapter 2-3
• Letter: The American Question in England 
• Letter: Engels to Filippo Turati In Milan 
• Letter: Engels on Historical Materialism 
• Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I  - Chapter 4-6
• What Is To Be Done?  - Chapter 1-3
• What Is To Be Done?  - Chapter 4-5
• Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I  - Chapter 7-9
• Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I  - Chapter 10
• Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I  - Chapter 11-13
• The Internet, Capitalism & Democracy  (PDF embedded above)
On June 15th the Kansas City Chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America will be having its annual chapter convention. As designated by our chapter’s bylaws we are required to host this event and elect our executive committee. The positions to be filled are:
Co-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and Grievance Officer
The local Executive Committee (EC) helps keep the chapter running smoothly in a number of ways. They set agendas for local chapter meetings, make sure information is communicated to members in the chapter, and they help coordinate work with the national organization.
The two Co-chairs are responsible for presiding over local chapter meetings, and are the public spokespersons for the chapter.
The Secretary is responsible for answering all correspondence for the chapter, keeping up-to-date membership information, assisting in communication with national, and managing official chapter notes / records.
The Treasurer keeps track of chapter funds and financial records. The treasurer may also create a chapter budget .
The Grievance Officer implements the chapter’s policies regarding harassment and conflict.
In addition to electing chapter officers we will also be selecting our chapter’s delegates that will represent our chapter at the National DSA Convention. We have six delegates to elect.
Nominations for officer and delegates may take the form of self-nominations or nominations from others. If a candidate is nominated by another they are not required to accept the nomination.
Finally, we are also accepting resolutions and proposals for our chapter to discuss and vote on at the chapter convention.
Nominations and proposals will be accepted until June 10th. However, in the event that positions are uncontested or unfilled the nominations period will be open through the convention.
Direct questions, resolutions, and nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Convention Planning Committee